Wentworth Nursery School and Children’s Centre is committed to meeting its public sector duties and acknowledges that we have a statutory duty to:
- Eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
- Promote equality of access and opportunity within our school and within our wider community.
- Promote positive attitudes to difference and good relationships between people with different backgrounds, genders, cultures, faiths, abilities and ethnic origins.
Wentworth Nursery School and Children’s Centre – Equality Objectives. Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation
- Children’s voice are developed within the delivery of the early years curriculum.
- Review how we consult with children in relation to children having a greater influence in determining their learning journeys.
- Children are involved in the setting up of the learning environment and/or contributing to their learning journey.
- Consistent implementation and discussion of the ECERS and SSTEW audits
Wentworth Nursery School and Children’s Centre – Equality Objectives. Advance Equality of Opportunity Between People
- Robust systems for monitoring pupil progress in place and monitored regularly.
- To support and broaden opportunities for vulnerable families
- Data analysis shows equality of attainment/progress for all and is used to determine any strategic changes in curricular delivery
- Identify groups and individuals at risk of underachievement and plan intervention.
- Implementation of Early Excellence
- Termly analysis of data.
- Implementation of Early Excellence September 2018
Wentworth Nursery School and Children’s Centre – Equality Objectives. Foster Good Relations Between People
To develop pupil understanding of tolerance and respect for others through the development of Circle time including the use of persona dolls
Children are able to talk about how we should treat people. Staff are trained in the use of Persona dolls.
Implementation of Persona Doll training by December 2018